Thursday, July 28, 2011

What I Live For

Months and months ago, my mother asked me what were my five most important things in life. She told me hers, and it went something along the lines of wealth, family, happiness, health and something else, in no particular order.

At the time, I couldn't think of anything. Mostly because I was going through a sort of depressive period, and nothing was really getting through to me at all.

But now that I'm 19 (yes, I will get around to posting the countdown, I haven't forgotten about it!), I've grown up a lot since then, and I've learned a lot about myself and how I want to live my life, what I want to think and what's really important to me.

So here is my top five most important things/ways of thinking/I'm not even sure what to call them:
    1. Aspirations. Insatiable goals, impossible affections. – to strive towards dreams, have motivation and work for a purpose, live passionately.
    2. Freedom to happiness. Without restraints or regrets. – to live without having regrets, without fear and with the resources to do what i want
    3. Conviction. Belief and hope. – to believe that there are better things to come, life is wonderful and everything will work out.
    4. Strength. 自信 and actions. – to have confidence that I can do anything, and have confidence in my abilities.
    5. Productivity. Create and inspire – to have a positive impact on the world, on others and to create things with my own hands.
There you go! As for my update:
  • It's the second week of semester and I'm a week behind in two classes already. But I think it's worth it, even if I have to cram 30 hours in two days later. I'd rather grow old with great memories of hanging out with friends and having fun than a perfect gpa. (That being said, I still get straight As (literally), so I'm not saying not to study - I do. I just don't go to the actual class [there are recordings])
  • I spend the majority of my time in the printing office in the Uni library - don't worry, it's not weird or anything lol, my friend works there. So I help out with the binding and stuff. Sadly, most of my other friends are really busy this semester, working, or not even showing up. One of them even dropped out. But everyone has their own path, I'll be fine.
  • I'm content. Really, there's nothing else to say. I have food in the fridge, a place to live, friends that like me, interests that consume me, work that motivates me and dreams that give me hope. There's not much else I can ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment