Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dearest Finance Department....

As much as I understand my opinion doesn't rank very highly, being an undergraduate student - not to mention one that shows up to 4/36 lectures, I'd like to make a few suggestions.

Firstly, thank you for recording your lectures. You have freed up a lot of my time during the semester, in which I did far more enjoyable things - such as wasting time and eating lunch - instead of attending classes.

Now, I know what I'm about to say is probaby down to exam stress (since the exam is indeed, tomorrow), but I would nonetheless like to point something out that may have skipped your attention.

1. Please don't use pencils when making notes, it's impossible to decipher, whether its a recording or in the lecture.

2. So maybe people did show up to the Monday morning 8am tutorial, but I bet they didn't after the tutor tried to answer a question for 15 minutes, crossed out his answer then asked "so what do you think?".

Actually, overall, it hasn't been that bad. I mean, it's been pretty bad, but I'll let the student evaluations speak for themselves. From what I gather about the general comments in the evaluations, you're going to have a hell of a year trying to reorganize the course next year.

Lastly, as a parting note, please..
for the love of god and all that is holy
A HORIZONTAL AXIS CANNOT BE BOTH TIME AND PRICE.

It doesn't make any SENSE.

And DRAWING OVER THE HORIZONTAL AXIS A MILLION TIMES DOES NOT MAKE IT MORE COHERENT. IT ONLY MAKES THE LINE DARKER AND THICKER.

Yours sincerely,
An extremely irate student.

ps. Loving the random 3 minute total silences in the lecture recordings, because I know they aren't technical faults.

No comments:

Post a Comment