Saturday, June 11, 2011

死の青いスクリーン - Google Translate It. Do It.

My laptop just contracted the mother of all viruses, as well as the lovely Blue Screen of Death.

I'm on safe mode with networking - and may stay this way for the forseeable future, since I keep crashing after two minutes every time I restart. Sigh.

I turned on my computer this morning to see "your computer did not shut down properly". Hmm, weird. *two minutes later* "stop error blah blah blah" - it went too quickly to read.
But who doesn't cower in fear at the bright peacock blue that is the Blue Screen of Death.

So I turn it on again, schedule a boot-time scan, and it finds the MOTHER OF ALL VIRUSES absolutely everywhere! 3 hours of deleting and repairing and "moving to chest"-ing later...

*Blue Screen of Death*
ARGHHH

Ok FINE, BE THAT WAY.
Next, we restore it to about two weeks ago.
*Blue Screen of Death*
=_____=

Restore it to a month ago.
*Blue Screen of Death*
asklfjagiwrg!!

Scheduled a disc check for (C:)
*Blue Screen of Death*

Another boot-time scan. (Which takes another 2 hours). No viruses.
*Blue Screen of Death*
MOTHERFUCKER.

Uninstalled a corrupt file and deleted it
*Blue Screen of Death*

Nearly 9 hours later
*Blue Screen of Death*

Screw this shit. And don't ask me to format, because I don't have the installation CD and clearly I'm an idiot for not making a system rescue cd. Which I will do at the next opportunity when mr.laptop DOESN'T have an emotional breakdown.

Seriously, up until this point of my life, the most I've ever had to do is click a button to run a virus scan. Then click another button to delete.

Clearly my laptop is having jealousy issues. It's watching me use Ipod and Phone (read: not Iphone) and the computers at uni and it's getting upset because I don't lug it to uni like every other business student.

WELL I'M SORRY, BUT I'M PUNY AND WEAK AND I CAN'T CARRY YOU ALL DAY.

But really it's probably the virus has gotten too far into the system and I'll have to format and buy another copy of Windows 7.

Or a new laptop.
If only they made macbooks in black again...

(Please don't get mad at me and explode, I was joking about the new laptop, really!)
((No I wasn't.))

No comments:

Post a Comment